- Applicant must meet all the following requirements:
- Be at least 21 years of age and a Singapore citizen*;
- An ethnic Chinese whose ancestry can be traced to Fujian Province*;
- Be of sound mind
- Must not have been sentenced to imprisonment for more than 1 year and/or imposed a fine exceeding S$5,000 for any criminal offence.
- The application must be sponsored by 2 existing members of Singapore Hokkien Huay Kuan.
- Completed form must be accompanied by a non-refundable cheque payment of $720 ($600 for entrance fee and $120 for subscription that covers a 5-year term). Please make payable to “SINGAPORE HOKKIEN HUAY KUAN” and send to: 5 Sennett Road Singapore 466781.
- The Singapore Hokkien Huay Kuan Executive Council retains the full discretion to reject any application for membership without providing any reason.
- The conditions for membership may be amended by Singapore Hokkien Huay Kuan from time to time.
- Please go through the Statement and Frequently Asked Questions before downloading and completing the Membership Application Form.
*Please attach documentary proof of citizenship and native place e.g. a colour copy of your NRIC and a copy of your Birth Certificate.
Attention to Parents who intend to register their child for Year of Registration 2021:
In order to qualify to be recommended to register under Phase 2B of the MOE Primary One Registration Exercise in one of SHHK affiliated primary schools for Year of Registration 2021, one of the criteria is for members to have a minimum of 2 years consecutive membership tenure; that is the duly completed application to apply to be a member of SHHK must reach the SHHK secretariat office by 30 June 2019. Please visit our FAQ for other criteria in order to qualify for recommendation to register under Phase 2B.