By shhkadmin2In standard5th April, 2017
- Applications are opened to children of members, secretariat and affiliated schools’ staff. The member or staff concerned should have at least one year of
membership or service with the Huay Kuan and/or its affiliated schools. The applicant should submit all supporting documents together with the application.
- Only applicants with the recommendation from his/her school principal/Dean/HOD will be considered.
- The per capita household income should not exceed $700 per month.
- All applicants should attain an overall average result of at least 50% in respect of his/her academic work and at least a Grade B for conduct.
- Applications are limited to only two per family.
- This bursary comprises 5 sections: Primary – $450; Secondary – $650; Pre-University (Including JC and ITE) – $900; Polytechnic – $1,800; Tertiary – $3,500
- Each bursary is granted on a year to year basis. Applicants can apply again in the following year if require.
- The closing date for the application this year is 22 June 2017. Late applications will not be considered.
- The Selection Committee shall have the right to reject any applications without providing any reasons. The bursary will be forfeited in the event any information
provided herein is untrue or the applicant is subject to any disciplinary action.
- Applications are opened to Singapore citizens or permanent residents who are pursuing full-time or short-term arts and cultural courses locally or
abroad. Preference will be given to those who are doing courses related to Chinese arts and culture.
- Applicants must be currently arts and cultural practitioners or intend to be arts and cultural practitioners upon completion of training course.
- Application form must be supported by the following documents:
a. Original letter of recommendation from the employer / principal / dean or head of department / senior practitioner in the same profession;
b. Duplicate copies of educational qualification certificates;
c. Duplicate copies of professional qualification certificates;
d. Duplicate copy of entry proof / student matriculation card.
- Each award is granted on a year to year basis. Those who wish to continue receiving our award for ensuing year must send in fresh application.
- Other rules (if any), concerning application of award may be made by the Selection Committee of Singapore Hokkien Huay Kuan.
- The application for the current year closes on 22 June 2017. Late applications will not be considered.
- The decisions of the Selection Committee of Singapore Hokkien Huay Kuan shall be final.