The Huay Kuan currently has about 5000 members hailing from vastly diverse backgrounds but all sharing a common vision to serve for the betterment of the Hokkien community and our future generations. Members enjoy great camaraderie through networking sessions as well as through volunteering in social welfare and cultural activities under the Member Volunteer Scheme. Initiated in 2006, the Scheme aims to engage members to contribute back to society via the Huay Kuan. Through attending and volunteering in our social and cultural events, members are better able to understand and appreciate the local Hokkien culture and values.
- The applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 21 years of age and a Singapore citizen;
- An ethnic Chinese whose ancestry can be traced to Fujian Province;
- Be of sound mind;
- Must not have been sentenced to imprisonment for more than 1 year and/or imposed a fine exceeding $5,000 for any criminal offence.
- The application must be sponsored by 2 existing members of Singapore Hokkien Huay Kuan.
- The completed form and supporting documents can be submitted in person or via email:
- In-Person Submission
- Applicant may do a walk-in to Singapore Hokkien Huay Kuan secretariat office (5 Sennett Road Singapore 466781) during office hours and must bring along all original supporting documents for verification. The application is to be accompanied by a non-refundable payment of $720 (inclusive of $600 entrance fee and 5-year subscription of $120).
- Email Submission
- Applicant may email completed membership application form and scan colour copy of supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do note that the approval of membership may be subjected to the sighting of original documents. In the email, please insert the following:
- I, [Full Name as in NRIC], do hereby declare that the scan colour copy of the documents submitted are true copies of the originals and I understand that approval of my application will be subjected to sighting of original documents by Singapore Hokkien Huay Kuan (SHHK). SHHK reserves the right to reject any application found to be fraudulent or where any submitted copies mismatch the original documents.
- In-Person Submission
- The Singapore Hokkien Huay Kuan Executive Council retains the full discretion to reject any application for membership without providing any reason.
- The conditions for membership may be amended by Singapore Hokkien Huay Kuan from time to time.
Kindly refer to “Checklist for Applicants” and furnish all required supporting documents and softcopy of your recent passport photo to complete your membership application.
It has been reported that there are Singapore Hokkien Huay Kuan (SHHK) members who are prepared to endorse SHHK membership applications as member-sponsors for a fee. SHHK hereby states that it views this as an abuse of membership privileges which it does not tolerate. SHHK will not hesitate to take disciplinary action against members who seek payment or benefit in-kind in exchange for membership endorsement.
Should you be aware of members who are seeking payment for endorsing membership applications, please let us know so that we can investigate further. Reports should be made to the Secretary General at 6222 8212 or email@example.com. All reports will be treated with strictest confidentiality.
SHHK expects members to uphold the good reputation of the Association and to abide by the laws of Singapore. Members are advised to only sponsor applicants whom they are familiar with and who believe in the mission of SHHK and who will act in the best interest of the Huay Kuan.
Get In Touch
5 Sennett Road Singapore 466781