Notices will be display here
LEAP Award 2022
LEAP Award recognises 13 teachers who went above and beyond
Singapore Hokkien Huay Kuan (SHHK) today honoured 13 exemplary teachers with the annual LEAP Award. Guest-of-Honour Mr Chan Chun Sing, Minister for Education, presented the LEAP Award to the six primary school teachers, six secondary school teachers and one special education teachers at the annual Teachers’ Day Appreciation Dinner cum LEAP Award Presentation Ceremony.
The LEAP Award, which stands for Listening Educator for Advancement and Progress Award, was launched by the late President S R Nathan in 2011 and awarded by SHHK annually to recognise exceptional teachers who have made a positive impact in nurturing their students from the heart. The naming of the award signifies a leap of faith for a teacher to believe that students have the potential to excel beyond their capabilities.
Mr Thomas Chua, President of SHHK, said, “Supporting education has always been a core mission of Singapore Hokkien Huay Kuan. We strongly believe that teachers are integral to every student’s positive learning experience. They also play a key and active role in moulding and shaping young minds of tomorrow. The role of educators is constantly evolving and teachers today wear multiple hats – they are life coaches, motivators, counsellors, mediators, to name a few. The LEAP Award recognises the outstanding commitment and contributions of teachers and we truly appreciate their dedication to educate, inspire and make a difference.”
This year, the Award received 183 nominations in total – 98 primary school teachers, 75 secondary school teachers and 10 special education teachers, with each school limited to a maximum of 2 nominations. Five schools saw their first ever LEAP Award recipients, namely, Bukit Batok Secondary School, Bukit View Secondary School, Jurong West Primary School, Outram Secondary School and Radin Mas Primary School. All nominees will receive a certificate of commendation from the organisers as a recognition of their outstanding commitment. The organisers hope that more schools will come forward and nominate deserving teachers for the LEAP Award next year.
LEAP Award 2022 Recipients (in alphabetical order):
1. Miss Ang Bee Lee – Bukit View Secondary School
2. Mdm Chan Seok Yin Joanne – Kong Hwa School
3. Miss Cheong Wei Siang Carol – Jurong West Primary School
4. Miss Choong Ee Ling Ritchell – Compassvale Secondary School
5. Mr Han Xuan Chou – APSN Katong School
6. Mdm How Hooi Bing – Tao Nan School
7. Ms Lim Yean Yue Gladys – Outram Secondary School
8. Ms Munirah Binte Talat Mahmood – Blangah Rise Primary School
9. Mr Nikhil Nath Chatterji – Bukit Batok Secondary School
10. Mdm Ong Huay Theng Cindy – Radin Mas Primary School
11. Mdm Siak Chock Kwun – Nan Chiau High School
12. Mr Xie Huan Alex – Ai Tong School
13. Ms Zhong Hongkun Stephanie – Serangoon Garden Secondary School